We know some of you have already received your HP Reverb G2s and we love seeing the enthusiasm from the VR community. The posts showing people unboxing their headsets, along with the feedback on the games being played and the overall VR experience, has been energizing!
We set an objective of delivering pre-order headsets by November, and while we have shipped close to half of the pre-orders from our factory, we know that some pre-orders will not be received by the end of this month. The team is working closely with our retailers to get you product as fast as possible.
Why is it taking longer than we hoped? An assortment of reasons, including shipment prioritization, all of which we are working to improve. Clearly one of the most problematic issues is that some units were available in stores for purchase before pre-order units were delivered. To those of you that are still waiting on delivery of pre-order headsets we sincerely apologize as this was not intentional, and we are working to ensure this doesn’t happen moving forward.
For those of you that have received your headsets – thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and feedback. For those of you still waiting, we understand how frustrating this has been during an already difficult year. We are working diligently to fix this situation. We know how excited you are and we are equally excited for you to experience this amazing headset. Please bear with us a bit longer – getting pre-ordered HP Reverb G2 headsets to you and on your head as quickly as possible is our #1 priority!
For the users that have received their HP Reverb G2 headsets and are new to WMR, here are a few links from Microsoft that should help you get setup.
- WMR Enthusiasts Guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/
- Reverb G2 FAQ: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/reverbg2-faq
- Questions on the SteamVR + WMR Bridge? https://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-5433ENW
- Questions about the controllers with your SteamVR games? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/reverbg2-faq#my-steamvr-games-dont-appear-to-work-correctly-with-my-hp-motion-controllers
- Specific recommendations for ideal Tracking conditions: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/tracking-system
- Link for WMR Feedback: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/filing-feedback.