We are excited to see the positive reaction and strong demand for the HP Reverb G2 virtual reality headset, created in collaboration with industry leaders Valve and Microsoft. The HP Reverb G2 is the world’s highest resolution VR headset among major vendors1, delivering cutting-edge optics, inside-out tracking, spatial 3D audio, natural gestures, long-wearing comfort, and plug and play support for Windows Mixed Reality and SteamVR. This year, we have seen that the time is now for VR and the HP Reverb G2 brings high-quality VR with more immersion for gamers, interactive experiences for creators, increased engagement for collaboration, and higher retention rates for education and training.
The HP VR team is eager to get the Reverb G2 into the hands and onto the heads of customers who pre-ordered a device. We’ve been thrilled to see the community’s excitement and enthusiasm for the headset. To date, 20+ countries around the world have participated in pre-orders and we are appreciative of our Channel Partners who helped make pre-orders possible for so many customers. The excitement generated by journalists and content creators who previewed the HP Reverb G2 via early access only makes us more excited to bring it to the masses.
Now, the news many of you have been anticipating:
- Customers who have already pre-ordered the HP Reverb can expect to receive their shipments this fall, starting in early November 2020. Pre-orders are expected to be prioritized for the time/date the order was made to our channel partners.
- Demand has been high so all pre-orders made starting today, September 24 will start arriving to customers from channel partners in early December.
After all the testing in our labs and by our VR team at home, these are some of the elements we are most excited about you trying out:
- 2160x2160 per eye panel resolution
- Render resolution and graphics powered by PC GPUs
- Superb Valve optics
- Industry leading audio designed by Valve
- Enhanced ergonomics
- Upcoming VR support for Microsoft Flight Simulator
A few updates we have made to the product since we first announced Reverb G2:
- We have updated the lenses to reduce the Fresnel ring reflections and improve clarity.
- The menu button on the controllers is now domed so you can distinguish between the Windows and Menu buttons by touch.
- In addition to the full size to mini display port adapter, a USB-C® to USB-A adapter will be included in every box.
- Our Engineers found an opportunity to lower persistence without lowering brightness and this required higher power draw, so the HP Reverb G2 will require the adapter to be plugged into the wall.
For consumer and commercial customers who are interested in learning more or pre-ordering the Reverb G2, we encourage you to check out HP.com/Reverb or SteamVR. To learn more about how HP is innovating for enterprises and developers, please join us at the VR/AR Global Summit on September 30, 2020. We are excited to have the HP Reverb G2 in your hands and to hear about your virtual reality experiences and adventures.