LONDON, Jan. 19, 2016 – HP Inc. today unveiled Sprout Pro by HP – designed for schools and professionals – and detailed the evolution of its Immersive Computing platform.
“Sprout Pro adds tools for creative professionals, students and instructors to the ground breaking Sprout platform,” said Louis Kim, global head and general manager of Immersive Computing, HP Inc. “Instant 2D/3D scanning, augmented reality and an immersive dual screen is now boosted by pro-class applications and security - accelerating workflows and safeguarding data. Sprout Pro is another milestone in expanding HP’s vision of Blended Reality.”Modernizing Education
For the modern classroom, Sprout Pro consolidates the PC, document camera, 2D and 3D scanners, and more into a cost effective, all-in-one solution that reinvents the way teachers and students learn, create, collaborate and share.
“Sprout Pro by HP transforms a classroom desk space into a digital and physical workspace that allows teachers to inspire in a more natural, intuitive, and creative way,” said Gus Schmedlen, vice president of Education, HP Inc. “Students get a hands–on learning experience so they can take ideas from thought to expression like never before.”
By leveraging Sprout’s blend of tactile, visual and audio engagement, educators are offered powerful means of differentiating instruction and personalizing learning in a way no other computer can support. It provides the most modern foundation for any curricula and skill development at any level by:
- Accelerating remote learning to allow students and classrooms around the globe to collaborate together on projects and assignments in real time.
- Maximizing classroom IT budgets and closing the technology gap by consolidating the classroom PC, document camera, 2D and 3D scanners, and more into a cost effective, all-in-one solution .
- Digitizing more classrooms through savings achieved by consolidating multiple technologies into a cost effective all-in-one solution.
Sprout Pro by HP builds on the original all-in-one Sprout PC and ecosystem with several software and hardware enhancements. Sprout converts your desk's surface into a digital-physical workspace and adds new functionality such as:
- The Sprout Companion for Skype for Business1 enables a new level of remote sharing and collaboration including the ability to share a Sprout 2D capture during a Skype meeting, as well as easily annotate on the Skype whiteboard using the Sprout pen and mat.
- HP External Display Mixer allows users to share what's on the Sprout dual screen, video from the webcam, or the downward facing camera - or all at the same time.
- HP Scan provides added professional-level document scanning and optical character recognition with features like custom resolution, exposures, color or grayscale and scan destinations for pro-level results.
- HP Magnifier replaces a document camera and allows users to share live physical objects or documents with an audience, including zooming and capture.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional provides a safer, innovative and updated experience while helping you to manage your devices, apps, and identities.
- The new generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors with DDR4 memory for additional processing power and integrated graphics performance.
- Trusted Platform Module for enhanced security.
The Sprout Ecosystem also continues to grow with several new 3D-oriented applications from Autodesk-Tinkercad, Sculpt+ and Print Studio2 that deliver professional-grade tools tuned for Sprout. Tinkercad is an amazingly powerful easy-to-use tool for creating digital designs. Sculpt+ users create or sculpt anything - creatures, spaceships, vehicles, props and more directly on your device in full 3D before using the 3D print environment of Print Studio.
Additionally, the new Light Guide Systems Pro3 modernizes manual assembly processes in commercial and education applications.About Sprout
Sprout is a first-of-its-kind Immersive Computing platform that redefines the user experience and creates a foundation for future immersive technologies. Part of HP’s Blended Reality ecosystem and vision for the future of computing, Sprout and HP Multi Jet Fusion are designed to break down the barriers between the digital and physical worlds.Pricing and Availability
- Sprout Pro by HP for education and professionals is planned for availability in February and priced at $2199. Sprout Companion for Skype for Business, HP External Display Mixer, HP Scan and HP Magnifier are included at no additional charge. Visit www.hp.com/SproutPro for more information
- Sprout by HP for creative consumers and families is available now. Online and retailer information is available at www.sprout.com.
- Microsoft Office subscription required
- Applications sold separately
- Application sold separately
This document contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including any statements of expectation or belief and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility the company’s business may not perform as expected; that the company may be unable to successfully implement separation strategies; and other risks that are described in the company’s reports to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to the risks described in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for its fiscal year ended October 31, 2014 and the company’s Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for its fiscal quarters ended April 30, 2015 and July 31, 2015. The company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
© Copyright 2016 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.