HP News Highlights at PRINT 18:
· HP Indigo 12000 HD reinvents quality with new HD imaging and HDFM screening offers new sharpness for applications with highly detailed images.
· HP Indigo 7900 innovations power any print job and for a first in the U.S., printing HP ElectroInk Silver for metallic effects.
· HP SmartStream Collage takes automated variable imaging design to the next level.
· AgX Conversion helps HP Indigo’s customers digitalize their production floor and build their business for the future.
· New digital productivity solutions enabling print service providers (PSP) to implement Industry 4.0 print production and print thousands of jobs a day:
o HP PrintOS advancements designed to open new markets while increasing efficiency and productivity through automation.
o Improved on-press Automatic Alert Agent for real-time print quality error detection
Chicago, IL., Sept. 26, 2018 – HP Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) at PRINT 18 will demonstrate its latest innovations spanning the HP Graphics portfolio designed to create new business opportunities for print service providers (PSP). HP Indigo continues to drive new innovations to power Industry 4.0 helping PSPs transform and grow.
“PSPs want new ways to grow and expand their business to keep pace with the ever-changing market landscape to deliver impact and unforgettable quality with high-value products,” said Dave Prezzano, vice president and general manager, Graphics Solutions Business, Americas, HP Inc. “HP designed its latest innovations to help PSPs unlock new opportunities to ignite their business to outshine competition, respond faster and increase business profitability. The latest innovations showcased at PRINT 18 exemplify how HP continues to reinvent print quality, drive increased value of print, and reduce order turnaround times to accelerate business growth by enabling PSPs to print anything.”
HP at PRINT 18
At PRINT 18 at Booth #2411, from Sept. 30 – Oct. 2, HP is demonstrating and showcasing the #wonderofprint and its amazing possibilities with the next generation of innovations and solutions that are transforming businesses all over the world.
· Attendees will see technology in action tools and learn how to print anything, differentiate their service and product offerings, transform and grow their business with HP Indigo’s unique Liquid Electrophotography (LEP) Digital Technology and end-to-end solutions, reinvent quality with new HP Indigo HD Imaging System and HDFM Screen on the HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press, demonstrated for the first time in the U.S., experience the latest innovations on the HP Indigo 7900 including: ElectroInk Silver, invisible ElectroInks, and Premium white for commercial applications, and drive automation and optimization with new HP PrintOS features and applications.
· Attendees will experience the technology that enables them to “Say Yes” to any print job with the HP Latex R2000 Plus Printer. See the first Latex hybrid printer, debuting for the first time in the Americas, and its amazing, vibrant colors on rigid and flexible substrates.
· HP will also demonstrate its HP PageWide Web Presses for attendees to learn more about the Performance HDK mode, a new optimization technology for High Definition Nozzle Architecture (HDNA) printing. Now available for the HP PageWide Web T240 HD, it offers best-in-class quality in color or mono at full press speed of 500 feet per minute delivering more high-quality digital pages that can be economically produced on inkjet for publishing, direct mail, and commercial print.
· HP Specialty Printing Systems (SPS) will demonstrate a new 11.7” wide print head color print engine to open OEM opportunities to create on-demand specialty packaging and envelope solutions. The HP OEM Fixed Imager 1000, enables convenient in-plant or PSP printing on a wide range of applications, including gift and shopping bags, personalized gift boxes, shipping packaging, cartons, and envelopes. The FI-1000 is the industry’s widest single printhead width for tabletop inkjet applications1.
PRINT 18 visitors will have the unique experience to interact with influencers that have leveraged HP technology to transform their business and further explore the #wonderofprint.
· Discover the #wonderofprint through the eyes of Dian Holton who created her Daily Digits “7” series with HP Indigo. She will be in HP’s booth both Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 to share her experience with using HP’s Florescent and IndiChrome ElectroInks. Attendees will have the unique experience of speaking with her and seeing how her designs were created with an interactive demo using HP SmartStream Mosaic technology.
· Hear from Perfect Communications on Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 in the HP booth on how HP Indigo’s cutting-edge inks and unique technology enabled the company to grow their business with loyal customers and attract new business opportunities.
· Join the HP team on Oct. 1 at 12:00 p.m. to celebrate the 10th anniversary of HP PageWide Inkjet.
HP will join Printverse panels focused on industry trends and topics. Visit here for a detailed schedule.
With the New HP Indigo 12000 HD, HP Continues to Reinvent Quality
Debuting new HP Indigo 12000 HD capabilities at show, with double the resolution, setting up a new benchmark for high quality imaging.
At PRINT 18, HP will demonstrate:
· HP Indigo HDFM screening technology: HP Indigo HDFM mode places ink dots in random-like distribution, increasing the accuracy of ink dot placement and eliminating the appearance of rosette patterns and moiré. The result is increased sharpness in highly detailed images and halftone text applications. Any HP Indigo 12000 HD can benefit from this new HDFM print mode, particularly for professional and wedding photography, and any high-end commercial application with graphical text, such as brochures, posters, invitations and more.
· Sophisticated brand protection solutions: New HP Indigo ElectroInks UV Yellow and Blue, and other solutions for anti-counterfeiting, track and trace, as well as process control will be showcased for the first time in the U.S.
· New Press Software 3.5: More efficient, more control over color, enhanced Automatic Alert Agent with automatic reprint and recovery using state-of-the-art deep machine learning.
“RRD is committed to leading the way in print technology innovation and continuously meeting the dynamic needs of our customers,” said Craig Roberton, Group Vice President of Commercial Print at RRD. “The HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press’ cutting-edge technology substantially broadens the creative possibilities for our clients to efficiently produce breakthrough print communications at scale that strengthen the impact of their brand messaging.”
HP Indigo 7900 Newest Innovations
Debuting a range of new features, HP Indigo 7900 Digital Press continues to offer PSPs new innovations to help improve productivity, versality, and quality to be empowered to print anything.
New capabilities include:
· HP Indigo ElectroInk Silver: Soon to be released for the HP Indigo 7x00 platform, this new ink in combination with standard process colors can generate a wide gamut of mid-to-high brilliance metallic colors, combining metallic effects with digital capabilities in one printing process. The new ink is set to expand the application capabilities enabled by HP Indigo’s technology and opening new commercial opportunities.
· Premium White Ink: Offering the widest range of opacities in a single print process, Premium White Ink adds impact and helps commercial applications stand out from the rest and increases productivity by using less heat to get opacity.
· HP Indigo ElectroInk Invisible Yellow and Blue: These two transparent inks are only visible under a UV light, delivering high performance for high value unique applications, security and process control applications. This allows HP commercial customers to offer premium and unique security features for static and serialized products including event ticketing, packaging, gaming and other applications.
· New HP Indigo 7900 enhancements with Press Software Version 15.2:
o One shot Duplex: allows printing duplex in one pass on synthetic media with perfect registration, opening a plethora of new high value application delivering increased profitability and more applications.
o Enhanced EPM screens: expand the applications that can leverage this unique HP Indigo enhanced productivity mode to produce stunning quality using only CMY inks for faster print speeds at lower costs.
o Additional enhancements include: features in User Interface, Automatic Alert Agents with deep machine learning, and 3D color calibration increases color consistency and reduces calibration time.