Journey to Mass Production: More Than 18 Million Multi Jet Fusion Parts and Metal Jet Milestones
HP’s portfolio of 3D printing solutions – prototyping and production, plastics and metals – is seeing strong customer adoption across numerous industries. More than 18 million parts were produced with HP Multi Jet Fusion in the last 12 months alone.
Earlier this year, HP launched the Jet Fusion 5200 Series 3D solution, its most advanced plastics solution to date. Avid, a product development firm specializing in manufacturing efficiency, Weerg, a rapidly growing manufacturing parts provider, Yazaki, a global automotive parts supplier and wire harnessing specialist, and Extol, an engineering and parts producer for the automotive and other industries, are among early users achieving improved operational efficiency and greater productivity.
“HP is providing so much more than a 3D printer, they have truly delivered a full solution for volume final parts production,” said Doug Collins, Founder and Co-Owner, Avid Product Development. “Our ability to use the new hardware, data, software, and services to improve all aspects of our operational productivity and efficiency along with the innovative features and new materials like TPU has brought tremendous value to Avid and our customers.”
Last year Volkswagen Group selected HP Metal Jet as the foundation for its strategy to industrialize additive manufacturing. Volkswagen and HP are executing a multi-year design and production roadmap and recently crossed an important milestone. In partnership with GKN Powder Metallurgy, the companies completed a production run of more than 10,000 high quality parts produced in just a few weeks to support the visionary ID.3 electric vehicle launch event.
Join HP at formnext 2019
HP and its customers and partners will be conducting an array of activity at formnext 2019, including:
- Demonstrations of exciting applications, use cases, and technology at Hall 12.1 Booth D41.
- Compelling customer and partner presentations on the @TCT Stage at formnext:
- HP Digital Manufacturing Network with Forecast 3D, GKN Powder Metallurgy, GoProto and ZiggZagg, on November 19 at 10:30 a.m.
- Siemens, on November 20 at 10:30 a.m.
- Materials Innovation with BASF, Avid, Kupol and Vestas, on November 21 at 10:30 a.m.
- GKN Powder Metallurgy, on November 22 at 10:30 a.m.
- Ramon Pastor, interim HP President of 3D Printing & Digital Manufacturing on Thursday, November 21 at 11:15 a.m.
- Innovative applications from HP, Siemens, Kupol, and Vestas selected as finalists in the Formnext Purmundus Challenge, with winners to be honored on November 21, 5:00 p.m.
- Furthering its commitment to increasing diversity across the industry, HP will be participating in the Women in 3D Printing meetup on November 19 at 6:00 p.m.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our product and service portfolio of personal systems, printers and 3D printing solutions, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com/go/3Dprinting.