HP 3D printing production opens a new era of digital manufacturing
More than 100 parts in the new HP Indigo drupa portfolio of presses were produced using HP’s Multi Jet Fusion technology, including on the HP Indigo 100K Digital Press, HP Indigo V12 Digital Press, and HP Indigo 15K Digital Press.
HP 3D printing technology enables HP to accelerate learning and design cycles, delivering parts in days versus weeks, reducing carbon footprint7 by decreasing energy and material consumption, with some parts up to 90% lighter.8
One platform for automation and excellence
Beyond the press, HP PrintOSX unites cloud-platform applications with an AI-driven service and support infrastructure to enable customers to get the most out of their press investment. Based on PrintOSX advanced technology, tools and know-how, customers can start building the “print factory of the future” and reach operational excellence, automate production, and innovate with high-value applications.
Launched at drupa 2016, more than 12,000 HP customers are now connected on HP PrintOS, using a range of applications that leverage big data on the cloud in real time for all types of production challenges. Applications helping drive success for PSPs include:
- Marketplace, now featuring a new UI, is loaded with new applications and partner solutions, including information on the latest market trends and business opportunities, as well as hundreds of free open artwork files that customers can customize for their needs.
- Mosaic now made easier. In collaboration with Microsoft Xiaoice, unlimited unique “mosaic-ready’ seed patterns created by AI technology are available in Marketplace. Enabling designers to create unique hyper-customization projects faster and more cost effectively, the first 4000 mosaic patterns are available free of charge until the end of 2020.
- HP Site Flow is an end-to-end production automation solution from ordering to shipping. Site Flow offers now three user levels – Lite, Pro and Enterprise – supporting PSPs producing as few as 50 jobs per day to over 10,000. In 2019, more than 20 million print orders were processed by Site Flow, a 34% increase year-over-year.
- Color Beat now enables automated G7 color certification via HP Indigo press connectivity.
- Predictive Press Care algorithms proactively address potential press issues before they impact production.
The B2 HP Indigo 100K and HP Indigo 15K, SRA3+ HP Indigo 7K and HP Indigo 7eco for commercial, as well as the HP Indigo 6K, HP Indigo 8K, HP Indigo 25K, HP Indigo 35K, and HP Indigo 90K for labels and packaging are all scheduled to be available in June or later in 2020.
The HP Indigo V12 Digital Press will be demonstrated at drupa. The press is scheduled for commercial availability in 2022.
Visit the HP drupa online press kit for more information on today’s announcements and to follow HP’s drupa news.