- HP Indigo’s 2020 portfolio is gaining worldwide momentum, with over 125 presses installed, as customers thrive with on-demand, automated production, and innovative growth strategies based on high-value applications.
- Launching the HP Indigo 35K Digital Press for high-value folding cartons, the HP Indigo 8K Digital Press for long-run labels and shrink sleeves, and the HP Indigo 6P simplex web press for photo and specialty commercial applications.
- Productivity and quality capabilities across the Indigo portfolio, including new levels of quality control for commercial printing and Spot Master color automation delivering the industry’s fastest time to color for labels and packaging1. Value packs and software upgrades also enable Indigo customers to protect their investments and enjoy new capabilities offered.
- Announcing HP Indigo Secure, a portfolio of overt and covert print security capabilities by HP and partners, and the new HP Indigo 6K Secure Press, the first HP Indigo digital press especially designed for security printing, delivering multi-layered, personalized, and restricted security solutions on one press, in one pass2.
PALO ALTO, Calif, May 17, 2021 — At Dscoop Edge Fusion 2021, HP Inc. today announced a new wave of innovations for HP Indigo digital printing, supporting momentum, growth and digital transformation.
Print service providers (PSPs) worldwide continue to adopt HP Indigo digital printing, with more than 125 HP Indigo presses already installed to date from the new technology portfolio announced in March 2020.
“Despite the challenges of the past year, Indigo customers have continued to lead the transformation of the graphic arts industry. Our R&D labs continue to deliver on our promise, releasing new capabilities, products and solutions to support the growth of our customers,” said Haim Levit, HP Indigo vice president and general manager, in a keynote address to Dscoop Fusion, a global gathering of HP Graphic Arts print service providers and solution partners with over 8000 members.
Transformation in commercial printing
Since its introduction last year, HP Indigo’s new commercial portfolio gained significant momentum worldwide, including long-term investments in new fleets by Cimpress and Shutterfly. The portfolio empowers commercial printers to continue expanding the digital transformation in the market. The HP Indigo 100K Digital Press – the most productive digital B2 press in the market3 – is leading this trend with more than 30 units already installed, enabling commercial printers to shift greater volumes from offset to digital.
To drive digital expansion in commercial print even further, today HP Indigo announced a new set of features, expanding the capabilities of its drupa portfolio:
- The new Automatic Alert Agent 2.0 for HP Indigo Series 4 presses (HP Indigo 12000 and 15K). This inline inspection system scans every printed sheet and compares it to its digital reference, automatically identifying print defects. AAA 2.0 now automatically diverts defective sheets to scrap and reprints them, all in real time with no human intervention, and no interruption to production. The system leverages advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) algorithms, increasing accuracy and speed, to provide productivity and profitability for PSPs.
- Expansion of HD printing capabilities, with the new Fine Line RIP. This new RIP and press computing infrastructure deliver superior capabilities for small solid text and fine lines, producing the sharpest Kanji fonts and complex security patterns.
- New capabilities on the HP Indigo 100K, including Automatic Pallet Replacement (APR), enabling continuous print with non-stop stacking, allowing PSPs to achieve even higher productivity levels for this platform.
- Introduction of the new HP Indigo 6P Digital Press, a narrow-web press dedicated for photo and publishing applications. This press expands the capabilities of the Indigo 6800p with a series of innovations for productivity and versatility, including a larger, 320x980mm image area and faster RIP.
- HP Indigo Certified Pre-Owned Digital Presses, offering a new opportunity to acquire HP Indigo presses, including B2 format presses, at significant capital expenditure (capex) savings.
- Value packs and options available for HP Indigo commercial customers, including the HP Indigo 15K value pack for the HP Indigo 12000 press, expanding high-value application capabilities. In addition, options to extend the capabilities of commercial Series 3 presses, including the availability of a 5th color station for the HP Indigo 7eco Digital Press.
Hypergrowth in HP Indigo labels and packaging
Label and packaging converters operating HP Indigo digital presses are continuing to outgrow the market, driven by trends such as SKU proliferation, and the ability to optimize supply chains with on-demand printing and fast turnaround. In flexible packaging, in particular, worldwide HP Indigo production has experienced hypergrowth in the past year of more than 50%4, with folding cartons and labels customers also enjoying strong double-digit growth.
To support this growth momentum, HP Indigo today announced commercial availability of additional products and capabilities in its 2020 portfolio for labels and packaging production. Value packs and options are also available for HP Indigo 20000, 30000 and 6000 series users, allowing them to protect their investments and enjoy new capabilities on their presses.
Commercial availability of the HP Indigo 35K for folding cartons
The HP Indigo 35K Digital Press, the new flagship press for high-value folding carton production built on the market-proven HP Indigo 30000, is now commercially available. The new press provides premium color and print quality now with 40% overall higher productivity5 thanks to faster job changeover, color accuracy with Spot Master, and a more robust paper path from the feeder to the coater. Additional features include:
- Printing on thinner substrates from 150 microns to capture applications such as rigid boxes.
- New HD printing with 1600 dpi for enhanced print quality.
- New HP Indigo ElectroInk Premium White for higher opacity.
- New ElectroInk Invisible Yellow, track-and-trace solutions and security elements for multi-layered brand protection applications on one press, in one pass.
- A new Tresu iCoat coater integrated for inline production on the HP Indigo 35K.
Great Little Box Company of Canada has installed the first unit of the commercially released HP Indigo 35K Digital Press at its site near Vancouver. “We are continually investing in the latest technologies to bring the latest and greatest to our customers. The Indigo solution will deliver production flexibility with offset matching quality – plus the bonus of digitally printing proofs to confirm print quality with customers,” said Brad Tindall, president, GLBC.