- Industry-first collaboration between technology pioneers - HP and Microsoft combine to ensure smoother print operation capabilities at the touch of a virtual button
- Real-time, MR technology, guides you through troubleshooting as-you-work - using HP xRServices and Microsoft Hololens 2 (mixed reality) technology, customers can ensure self sufficiency around the clock
- Fast repair time, simplified support, a single point of contact – ensuring smoother print operations
- Continuing to deliver customer innovation - connect HP xRServices to recently launched Predictive Press Care solution (PrintOS) and build a simplified, predictable, automated production process as you continue to grow
PALO ALTO, Calif, Nov 9th, 2021 — HP Inc. today announces HP xRServices powered by Microsoft Hololens 2, the latest innovation for the next generation of printers.
Continuing to invest in innovation and support customers in an increasingly virtual real world, the collaboration will see HP xRServices and Microsoft Hololens 2, create a virtual-real world combination in which customers can connect with HP engineers in a split second through mixed reality, advising them on any issue, at any point of their print production.
Wearing the Microsoft Hololens 2 headset and supported by HP xRServices solution, users will get the feeling of being physically present with a virtual coach on hand to guide them through the process, meaning no time wasted on long service calls, resolutions are swift and press downtime is kept minimal.
Compatible with all HP Industrial Printers hardware, users whether digital native or novice, will be able to be trained and adapt quickly to doing tasks, guided step-by-step with their virtual HP engineer, the instructions moving with the employees to easily direct them to the parts or problems they need to solve in a second. And, by leveraging HP’s Print OSx, Managers will clearly see how to combine the data generated from doing the work, with transactional data to drive optimization and smoother productivity for future.
Currently in HP’s beta launch of the programme, utilised by select customers not only does HP xRServices powered by Microsoft Hololens 2 solve resolutions to issues quickly, it also provides:
- Less face to face meetings or travel needed: the complete on-press toolset provides everything you need with the step by step guidance on hand
- More Support: customers now have a second and virtual in-person route to guide them through any problems, issues or advice to keep things moving around the clock
- Faster onboarding: guides new employees through processes step by step ‘as live’ simulation