- New HP Jet Fusion automation solutions simplify workflows and reduce costs for high-volume 3D production.
- HP expands materials, HP Digital Production Suite, and HP Digital Production Services for polymers and metals customers.
- Go-to-market momentum includes new Digital Manufacturing Network Partners and Endeavor 3D adds HP Metal Jet S100 production capabilities to its rapidly growing HP-enabled 3D printing factory.
CHICAGO and PALO ALTO, Calif., May 2, 2023 – Today at RAPID+TCT, North America’s largest additive manufacturing event, HP Inc. (Booth 4618) announced new automation solutions, and expanded materials, software, and services to help customers scale 3D printed parts production. HP has also promoted several of its current Digital Manufacturing Network (DMN) members to its exclusive group of HP Digital Manufacturing Partners (DMP). In addition, Endeavor 3D, a leading contract manufacturer and one of the new DMPs, is adding Metal Jet capabilities to its existing Multi Jet Fusions (polymers) manufacturing services.
“Companies large and small, in markets around the world, are turning to 3D printing for faster, more flexible, more personalized, and more resilient and sustainable production,” said Didier Deltort, president of Personalization & 3D Printing, HP Inc. “It’s promising to see the development of so many game-changing 3D printed applications across automotive, consumer, healthcare, and industrial, but to disrupt industries, these parts must be manufactured at scale. To help our customers scale effectively and efficiently, HP remains laser focused on delivering industrial hardware, supplies, software, and services supporting the entirety of the digital production workflow from application design to final parts production.
Automating Production Workflows
As customers scale, AM workflows become more complex. To help simplify these increasingly complex workflows, improve productivity and quality, and reduce costs, HP is introducing two new automation solutions for Multi Jet Fusion customers.
- HP Jet Fusion 3D Powder Handling Automation Solution: a pneumatically connected, closed-loop material processing system to minimize labor, provide cleaner, more efficient material flow, and enable quality control and operational traceability.
- HP Jet Fusion 3D Automation Accessory: designed for customers with high-volume production demands, provides automatic build unit exchange for two consecutive prints without requiring manual support. In addition to minimizing idle time between print jobs and reducing requirements for manual labor on nights or weekends, the Accessory is automation-ready for further integration into factory configurations with Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs).
To push the limits of workflow automation on the AM factory floor, HP is working closely with long-standing partner Siemens on a proof-of-concept demonstration. The concept features HP’s two new automation products integrated with Siemens Automation Hardware and industrial Software, for example Siemens SIMOVE for AMRs in flexible Production Systems. The project is active in the Barcelona-based DFactory which is a hub for HP collaboration with partners and customers on R&D, application development, and production use cases.